Mon - Fri 8:00 - 6:30

Because everything affects our health, life, and legacy.

Business

Article Image Business

Ford CEO says 'customer has spoken’ after EV shift drives major quarterly loss

On HALO

6 days ago

Ford on Tuesday posted its largest quarterly loss since 2008 amid losses in the automaker's electric vehicle (EV) division, as well as the impact of tariffs and a fire that impacted an aluminum supplier.The Detroit automaker reported a fourth quarter net loss of $11.1 billion after previously disclosing large writedowns to its EV programs, which the company is realigning in response to lower-than-expected consumer demand and changing federal subsidies."I think the customer has spoken," Ford CEO Jim Farley said on the company's earnings call. "That's the punchline."The company lost $4.8 billion...

HALO NEWSLETTER

Join HALO today and unlock this story instantly — It's Free

6 days ago
On HALO

Opinion and Comments